One of my family’s Thanksgiving traditions (besides Turkey-shaped butter) is to share around the table what we are thankful for from the year. I have so many things for which to be thankfu:
1. I am saved by God’s grace. What peace there is in knowing God’s unfailing love!
2. I am happily married to my best friend. Four-and-a-half years! I cannot imagine a life without my darling Brendan-Bear!
3. My family is loving and supportive. I still cannot fathom the depth of my family’s love as they came to help us on a few days notice with our flea-market excursion, and the Sullivans have been so welcoming and helpful in our move: sheltering us and advising us.
4. We are healthy. Thank you, Lord!
5. We are both employed. Brendan loves his job and I’m enjoying my part-time employment with benefits!
6. We have warm shelter. Our wonderful landlords look out for us, and we are able to save up some money for a future house!
7. We have reliable vehicles. Thank goodness, especially in our new environment: winter wonderland!
8. My husband indulges my fabric addiction. I love having a hobby that allows me to be creative and enables me to make useful things, like quilts!
9. Beautiful books and stories enrich my life. As much as I love sewing, reading is still my first love. I cannot express how much I adore getting lost in different worlds. Lately I’ve been revisiting some childhood classics.
10. We see real snow! I hadn’t realized how much I missed the snow until the magic of the first snowfall took my breath away. It is truly remarkable and makes the winter special.
P.S. For what are you thankful?